Contented Cows MOOve Faster
Our 2nd book – Published 2007
Workplace studies have repeatedly shown that most people, by their own admission, could contribute significantly more effort to their jobs if they really wanted to.
Residing within each of us is a reservoir of effort that remains entirely under our personal control … discretionary effort. It dwells in the gap between what’s required of us and what we’re actually capable of. We call it Oomph!
- Oomph! is when people set the alarm an hour early because they can’t wait to get started.
- Oomph! is when, after finishing their assigned part, they readily pitch in to help others.
- Oomph! is when people view assigned goals or quotas as a minimum standard.
- When people are Oomphing, time flies.
- Oomph! is when people do things on their own initiative, rather than waiting to be told.
- Oomph! is making extra effort to satisfy a customer or help a teammate.
- Oomph! is good for your customers and shareholders—bad for your competitors.
Good leaders at every level strive daily to get the benefit of that extra effort. Contented Cows Moove Faster is about how they do it, and how you can do it. It’s about real people with real jobs going the extra mile, and the leadership behaviors that cause them to want to do it.
Paperback – US $19.95 – Online price: $18.00
What Readers Are Saying
“Many business books focus on what the organization can do to improve outcomes. This book describes in detail, with the force of experience, what YOU can begin doing right now to see to it that your people are focused, fired up, and capably led.” —Tim Kern, Vice President, Sales Training, Pfizer, Inc.
Contented Cows MOOve Faster is chock full of useful, prescriptive advice for today’s leaders. It will help you boost morale, workplace outcomes, and your career. Everyone wins.—Judith A. Rogala, CEO, The Catapult Factor, and co-author, Trust, Inc.
Contented Cows not only MOOve Faster, but they create a contagious energy that inspires those around them to MOOve Faster too. Like their first book, Bill and Richard have created another leadership masterpiece. I’m adding this book to my “must read” list for our leaders and highly recommend it to those who aspire to be leaders.— Phil Sutton, Director of Business Promotion & Support, Kubota Manufacturing of America Corporation
From Contented Cows MOOve Faster, I learned practical strategies that I can use right now to help my employees give more of their effort to our company … willingly, and happily. I’ve already tested a few of the ideas and they really do work.—Eddie Creamer, President and CEO, Prosperity Bank, St. Augustine, Florida